About“Each of us has lived through some devastation, some loneliness, some weather superstorm or spiritual superstorm. When we look at each other we must say, I understand. I understand how you feel because I have been there myself. We must support each other because each of us is more alike than we are unalike” - Maya Angelou
Meet Angela FoxPsychologist
The quality of our relationships has a significant impact on our happiness, longevity, physical health and even our financial status. If we feel disconnected and misunderstood or are struggling to cope emotionally with our lives, we can quickly feel despairing and alone. Some problems just seem to escalate or repeat themselves without being resolved. My great passion is bringing healing to people’s relationships with others and within themselves. I help my clients, who include children, teens, individuals, couples and families, to find greater emotional freedom, inner security and resilience, as well as helping them to build and maintain healthy relationships so that they can know themselves as peaceful and meaningfully connected with others.
I know that no single approach is the right one for every individual. I have been trained as a psychologist in a range of therapeutic frameworks including *Systemic Therapy, *Psychodynamic therapy and *Emotionally Focussed Therapy. Because I am so passionate about creating healthy, conscious relationships, I have undergone additional professional training in couples’ counselling: Emotionally Focussed Couples Therapy, Imago Couples Therapy and Encounter-Centred Couples Therapy, as well as additional professional training in Parent and Family therapy.
I live in Cape Town with my husband and my children. My personal experience in my own relationships, my marriage, as a parent and as a past teacher and trainer, continues to enrich my professional work.
* See FAQ section for definitions
H. Dip Ed. - University of the Witwatersrand
Psychology Honours (Cum Laude) - Clinical and Counselling Psychology / UNISA
M.Ed Psychology - University of the Witwatersrand
I am registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (PS 0078883) and the Board of Healthcare Funders (PR 0101796).
My areas of special interest/experience include
- Couples Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Family therapy
- Play therapy
- Adolescent issues
- Parent counselling
- Trauma debriefing and related counselling
- Medico-legal, psychological and educational assessments
- Educational counselling services, recommendations and psychosocial support for schools
- Workshops for couples, singles, parents, teens and children
- Imago Couples Therapist and Imago Couples Workshop Presenter (Imago International)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Training (Dr Sue Johnson)
- Encounter-Centred Couples Therapy Training (Hedy & Yumi Shleifer)
- Emotionally-Focused Family Therapy Training
- Mindfulness Course and Insight Training
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
- Instructors’ course in Communication skills
- Communication and Accelerated Learning Methods
- Parent Effectiveness Training
- Jungian Wilderness Therapy Training
- Connected Parents Thriving kids training
- Women Within - Women for Africa member
- Previous owner and sole director of the Bryanwood Therapy & Assessment Centre in Bryanston, Johannesburg.